How To Use Rusty's
STEP ONE - PATCH TEST
You should always do a patch test before every application.
A: PREPARE TEST
Perform the test at least 48 hours before applying colour to hair. Mix small equal amounts of the colour and developer into a plastic bowl.
B: APPLY SAMPLE
Apply a small sample of this colour behind your ear directly onto the skin. Do not wash away the colour for at least one hour.
C: CHECK RESULTS
Regularly check the skin for any signs of irritation or allergy for at least 48 hours after applying the patch test. Do not proceed if any of these signs are found and consult your doctor for further advice.
STEP TWO - APPLY THE COLOUR
Our colour is so simple and quick to use.
- Put on the gloves in the pack.
- Pierce the metal tube using the end of the cap.
- Squeeze all the colour in the tube into the developer bottle.
- Screw on the applicator nozzle and shake vigorously until mixed.
- Break the tab on the nozzle and comb into the hair.
- With the gloves still on, massage the colour in the hair to ensure even distribution.
- Wait the desired time, between 10 to 15 minutes. When ready, simply wash the colour off thoroughly with water.
- Then, apply the included conditioner thoroughly through the hair for 5 minutes and rinse again once finished.
TIPS FOR PERFECT RESULTS
- We recommend a developing time no less that 10 minutes and no longer than 15 minutes.
- On your first application, start with a 10 minute developing time and check the results.
- If you still want further grey reduction, increase the developing time on subsequent applications.
- We'd also recommend you wait at least one week before each new application and once the desired colour is reached, at least 3 weeks between each regular use.
- The colour should last between 3 - 6 weeks and is designed to fade out gradually over time to keep the colour looking natural between haircuts.